For bookings call: 612.203.9956
Boom Boom Steve V & The Knockouts
NOTICE: "Tuff Love" has been selected by the Greater Twin Cities Blues Music Society as the best entry into the Blues Foundation's "Best Self-Produced CD" competition for 2010. See press comments and review link below.
"From The Shadows"
Cold Wind Records, © 2002
Send $12.50 (includes postage and handling) to (email or phone for contact info):
To order the CDs send $12.50 each to:
15728 Forest Circle
Burnsville, MN 55306
To contact Steve Vonderharr
What the press is saying...
- "Tuff Love offers up a great set of blues, and I highly recommend this CD. The CD closes with a nod to Little Walter, with Boom Boom Steve taking the Mississippi saxophone to new heights on the “Sad Hours” instrumental. I’d like to think that Little Walter would have appreciated and enjoyed this cover, and I can’t give it any higher praise than that. A solid blues record from an accomplished band." – Eric Steiner, Editor - Washington State Bluesletter
- "Great sound, production and playing by all concerned...Franken is smokin'" - Reverend Raven
- "Steve Boom Boom Vonderharr tore the place up." - Blue Monday, February 2007, Eckhart
- "Steve Boom Boom Vonderharr…sounds like a jet taking off...Steve picks em’ up and lays em’ down." - Blue Monday, February 2008, Eckhart
- "Vondy’s future is so bright he has to wear shades, besides if you’re as cool as he is you may as well wear your shades too! If you’ve ever been to see Steve play before, you know that the harp becomes part of his energy field and he rides it from the first song to the last. He’s like a shooting star on a cloudless night!" - Blue Monday, Twin Cities Beat, June 2008, Shepherd
- "Bluesy Steve V. and the Knockouts will bowl you over. (Steve) plays with conviction and purpose, expressively wringing the life out of that little piece of metal and wood (harmonica) like some kind of whirling dervish." - Duluth News Tribune, June 2008, Ziegler
- "From the Shadows is Steve Vonderharr's first solo recording and a wonderful offering..."
- "Over the past 22 years Steve Vonderharr has...become one of the most respected and influential veterans of the Twin Cities blues scene." - Dave "Doc" Piltz, Blues On Stage & Twin Cities Blues News
Read the Reviews...
Boom Boom Steve V Interview November 2009
Boom Boom Steve V & the Knockouts - Tuff Love by Eric Steiner
CD Review Oct 2002 by Craig Ruskey
CD Review Oct 2002 by Dave "Doc" Piltz
Live Review Sep 2002 by Ray Stiles